Sunday, February 24, 2008

Sharp Pins and Needles


For my last event at Knott's Berry Farm (Fort Knotts) I pinned my dress shields into my new navy bodice. Well, the safety pins that are attached to the shields were very dull. They really liked to snag my fabrics.


As I was unpacking my camp things, I pulled out my tomato pin cushion. I never use it anymore as a pin cushion but the little strawberry attached to it is why it's still around.


That little strawberry is essential in your sewing room. It is filled with little beads that will sharpen your pins and needles and safety pins too. When you encounter pins that get caught on your fabrics as you try to push them through, stab your strawberry several times to make them sharp again.


Caution: DO NOT use this for sharpening machine needles. Just replace those needles. Use only for straight pins, safety pins and hand sewing needles.




1 comment:

Sara said...

I had no idea that's what that strawberry was for. I just thought it was decoration. Thanks for the tip!