Monday, October 13, 2008

Sara's Sewing Progress - Civil War Outfits

Well, my progress on this project has been at a halt for a while now as my focus first switched to a different project, a new Regency dress, and then to something new that I can't quite share with you yet - but I will as soon as I can.

This weekend, my husband and I went out window shopping and he ended up buying me an early Birthday gift (seeing as we had a 50% off coupon for that weekend only). What was it? A cutting table!

That might not be very exciting to most people, but to anyone that sews a decent amount and knows the pains, literally, of cutting out fabrics on a table that is too short for your height, it is a wonderful gift.

We set it up as soon as we got home as my husband says I can use it before my birthday (in less than a month now) since I am trying to work on some new projects - he's so sweet. His only condition to allowing me to use it beforehand is that I have to keep the bow on it until my birthday - that shouldn't be too hard :)

So with my new table in place, I have once again started on the Civil War outfits. Currently I am still making copies of my patterns. I have the Vest completed copied and am now working on the shirt. Next will be the pants and then it's on to cutting out the muslin for my mock-up.

The progress has been slow but it's still progress and that's what counts!

No comments: