Sunday, November 23, 2008

Jane Austen Festivals


I always crash/take time off from my sewing room whenever I finish a big project. Well, I recently finished two (the 1830s green silk Wives & Daughters Picnic dress and my new 1862 Widow's dress).

But now that it's been a couple weeks from the Moorpark event, my mind has been going again on projects I'd like to do. Despite my love of 1870s bustle fashions, I have more Regency costumes in my closet.

So in updating the Resources page with numerous online merchants and research sites, I ran across this blog on a Jane Austen Festival - in Australia. For those of you down there, if you attend next April - PLEASE send updates and pictures!

I would so love to attend myself. However, I think my first large scale Jane Austen Festival will be in Bath, UK.


...Then again, my brain has been tossing around a few ideas to implement on this side of the world in California.

1 comment:

Rosie said...

Hi There,
I noticed that you are interested in the Jane Austen Festival Australia. I have been going to this festival for 3 years and always have fun. For the past 2 years I have volunteered to teach a class either in lace making or an authentic day cap.

Here is the link to the 2011 festival:
http://www.earthlydelights.com.au/Austen.html