Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving Trip

My husband and I had a chance to travel to my small hometown in northwest New Mexico this holiday weekend.


We drove through snow and slush in northern Arizona, experienced cold, howling winds, got a small bit of shopping done (Yea! for a large cutting mat at 50% off!), walked through the local musuem, enjoyed yummy cherry shakes from Blake's Lota-Burger and generally had a grand time.


I was so grateful of the time for this vacation as I haven't been "home" for a holiday in three years.


In the museum I found school photos of my grandfather and great aunt. Fabulous! It's kinda cool when you have such family history and connections with a community. I found out that my great-grandfather was mayor in 1946-48! I had no idea.


As was mentioned in the November eZine article, photos are a great primary source to study fashions and hairstyles from the past. The above photographs are such snapshots in time.


I hope all who celebrate the Thanksgiving holiday had a good day. We all have many things to be thankful for.

Cheers!

No comments: