Sunday, January 18, 2009

Piano Lesson = Sewing Time

How much can you accomplish while your husband is busy giving a 1/2 hour piano lesson?


Let's see:

  • Repair the 1/2" on the torn skirt opening seam on Widow's Dress

  • Repair the small tears (3) on fancy drawers

  • Repair the rip on petticoat waistband

  • Remove 9" bones in side seam of navy bodice and replace with 7" bones so they won't poke me behind the armpit causing deep bruising


Wow! So much accomplished when you put your mind to it.



And yesterday I hung my new thread rack that holds 120 spools. I cleaned out my cutting table drawer and sorted the spools by color. Yea for organization! 'Course not ALL my thread fit on it, but it's so much easier to see what colors I have.


I'm now sewing the new sergeant stripes onto my husband's Civil War jacket while planning the design for a new paletot. I found a practical and authentic gray wool and gorgeous royal blue rayon fringe and rattail for trim. This new project is for our first Civil War event at Fort Knott's Feb. 14th and 15th.

2 comments:

Rita said...

Where did you get the spool rack?

I love it!

Jennifer said...

It's the 120 spool thread rack from June Tailor that I purchased from JoAnn Fabrics. They were running a sale of 40% off thread organizers. Smaller sizes are also available.