I then moved on to the shirt and made that in another day and a half.
And then I started on the pants. Once I got them to the place where they were done enough to be tried on, I went ahead and had Jeremiah try them on just to make sure they fit.
But alas! Now they were too big. I guess I was over-zealous in estimating how much to add to the pattern pieces. Because of how the pockets were situated so closely to the seams, I debated starting over from scratch, which means I would have to go out and buy new fabric, wash it, cut it, finish the edges on some of the pieces as there is no lining to hide them, and so on. I really just couldn't fathom doing all those steps again.
So, after a slight breakdown and a nice hot shower, I composed myself, ate some of our favorite pizza (as this was supposed to be a fun pizza and a movie night for us but of course I had to just try on the pants "really quickly" before we got started), and figured out how to make the existing pants work.
The pants aren't perfect according to the pattern and the instructions because of this little fumble, but they work and I think they still look good. Unless you were looking at them really closely and new what they were supposed to look like, I don't think you could really tell that they were not made exactly right.
(Just needs two hooks and bars and the bottom cuffs hemed!)
Next, the frock coat...but that will have to wait for another day (and maybe until after I complete some clothes for myself :)!